If you are thinking about a modular commercial structure for your business such as those offered by Advanced Modular Structures, Inc., there are a few things you need to take care of before and after the build to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
While the modular structure company will take care of all construction and transportation of your building(s), you do need ensure the building site is ready. The following checklist will help you do just that:
- Have a level, easily accessible site pad ready.
- Obtain all pertinent local zoning and building permits.
- Some city codes require poured concrete footers. Check to see if this is the case in your city.
- Contact your local utility companies and have them mark any underground utilities.
- Consider looking into casualty coverage and insurance liability from time of delivery to the site.
Once your beautiful new building is in place, you’ll need to tie up a few loose ends such as:
- Providing a dumpster at the project site for cleanup and trash removal.
- Have water, power, sewer, phone and any other utility hookups installed and connected by a licensed contractor.
- Have any safety and/or emergency equipment such as fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, impact-rated windows, storm shutters, etc. installed as determined by local code.
- Install/provide any necessary ramps, decks, entrances, parking lots, signage, landscaping, etc.
- Furnish and decorate the interior of the building with any necessary window treatments, appliances, fixtures and furniture.
One of the great things about a modular commercial structure is it can be customized to suit just about any need from security and sales offices to banks, laboratories and clinics. Whether you choose a permanent or relocatable structure, knowing what to take care both before and after the build will help your business get up and running that much sooner.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.