1. AIDS first became widespread in the 1980s and the Soviet Union blamed the United States. Many former Soviet citizens still believe this to be the origin of HIV!
2. There is still no known cure for AIDS.
3. The largest population of HIV infected people is in the Sub-Saharan region of Africa.
4. HIV and AIDS is not the same thing. HIV is the virus strand that causes the disease and AIDS is the 4th and final stage of the disease that leads to death.
5. People with a certain type of immune cell known as CD8+T are immune to the disease.
6. FIV vaccination for cats could one day provide a solution to HIV of human beings.
7. Ninety-five of the world’s HIV-infected population lives in the world’s poorest countries.
8. The HIV virus is fairly large in size that makes it easier for the virus to become immune to antiretrovirals.
9. HIV is not transmitted by any and all fluid contact.
10. Eleven people are infected with this terrible disease every minute and symptoms of HIV could remain dormant for almost 10 years.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.